Please read the following carefully. Your use of the burford-woodcraft.co.uk website (‘Burford Woodcraft’) and purchase of the products (‘Products’) on it means that you agree to these terms and conditions (‘Terms’).
Shopping with Burford Woodcraft
You can order in the following ways:
Online via this website;
By telephoning us on +44 (0) 1993 823479;
By writing to us at:
144 High Street
- When you place an order (‘Order’) in any of the ways described above you are agreeing to buy the Products for the price stated subject to these Terms.
- When you place an Order online you will be sent an e-mail to confirm that we have received it. This e-mail will be produced automatically and does not necessarily mean that we will be able to meet your Order. We will check the availability of the Products and contact you again by e-mail. If the Products are available and the details of the Order are correct, this e-mail will be deemed an acceptance and will specify delivery details and confirm the price of the Products purchased. If the products are not available we will let you know by e-mail.
- Burford Woodcraft may cancel any sale at any time and not supply Products if it is reasonable to do so and may change or discontinue the availability of Products at any time at its sole discretion.
- Each new Order will be treated individually and will be deemed separate.
- The price for each Product is shown on burford-woodcraft.co.uk in GB pounds and includes Value Added Tax (VAT) at 20.0%.
- Although we always try to make sure that an accurate price is shown on burford-woodcraft.co.uk occasionally an error may occur. If an error in the price of a Product in your Order is discovered we will inform you as soon as possible using the contact details supplied by you. You will then be given the option of reconfirming your Order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we cannot contact you we will consider the Order cancelled.
- You will be notified of the delivery costs automatically before you submit your credit card details, based on the delivery address you specify. If you live outside of our listed delivery locations we will notify you of delivery costs when we discuss your Order.
- Please note that both charges and refunds will be made in GB pounds and Burford Woodcraft cannot be held responsible for any loss due to exchange rate fluctuations. If you live outside the UK you are responsible for any import duty/tax due in your country. Burford Woodcraft cannot advise you of these costs.
- Orders may be processed online, or by telephone, using a credit or debit card including American Express. We will not debit any money from your account until we are ready to despatch your Order.
- If your delivery address is outside the UK you must pay by credit card.
- Your credit / debit card details will be encrypted before they are sent over the internet to ensure that shopping with us online is secure.
- All Order details and receipts will be sent to the credit card billing address and not the delivery address where the named recipient of the Order differs.
- Ownership of the goods will not pass to you until sums due have been received by Burford Woodcraft in full (cash or cleared funds) in respect of the Products.
- As our Products are hand made we cannot guarantee that particular Products will always be available. If any Products are out of stock we will advise you how long it will take to have them made. You will have the opportunity to cancel your Order. We will advise you if any Products are no longer available. You will not be charged.
- We will make every effort to ensure deliveries arrive on time but we will not be liable for any loss caused to you by late delivery.
- If you require your Order for a specific date please give us enough lead-time to accommodate it.
- Unless agreed in writing with Burford Woodcraft delivery of an Order will be made to the registered address of the credit or debit card.
- Please contact us if a delivery has been despatched and has not arrived when you think it should have.
- Burford Woodcraft reserves the right to defer the time of delivery or to cancel the Order in the case of disruption or accident of or affecting our business of work which is beyond our reasonable control and which prevents or hinders the delivery of the Order. You will not be charged for a cancelled Order.
- If you are unable to accept delivery of the Order when it is ready for delivery or we are unable to deliver the Order because you have not supplied us with appropriate instructions or authorisation then: the risk will pass to you – including for loss or damage caused by our negligence; we will store the Order until delivery whereupon you will be liable for all related costs and expenses – including without limitation – storage and insurance.
- This does not affect your statutory rights.
Unwanted products and refunds
- We believe that you will be delighted with your purchase but if you are unhappy with it or you change your mind please notify us and return it unused within 14 days having taken good care of it and complete with its packaging for a full refund.
- We will make a refund directly to the credit/debit card used to place the original order within 30 days or earlier once we have inspected the returned item and are satisfied it has been unused and returned to us in the condition it was in when delivered to you.
- We will try to attend to all returns as soon as practically possible.
- You will only have to pay for the return postage of the Products.
Damaged or faulty products
- We will try to select and package your Products as carefully as possible to ensure that they arrive in good condition. However if any Products arrive damaged or with defects, other than those variations that occur in natural materials, we will replace them free of charge or provide a full refund as appropriate, if you notify us and return the Products to us at the address below. See also points 27 to 30 inclusive.
- Burford Woodcraft will not be held responsible if: the defect is a result of damage in transit and you do not notify us in writing within fourteen days of its discovery or when you ought to have discovered it; we do not have a reasonable opportunity after being notified to examine the Products at our address; the damage arises because you failed to follow our advice concerning use, maintenance or commissioning of the Products; you alter or repair the Products without our consent.
Returning unwanted or faulty products
- Please contact us by telephone (on +44 (0) 1993 823479) or by e-mail (at email@example.com) to inform us of your wish to return any Products.
- We may advise you how to send Products back to us. Please use a secure delivery method which requires a signature upon receipt and return to: Burford Woodcraft, 144 High Street, Burford, Oxfordshire, OX18 4QU, UK
- You will be responsible for any returned Products until they reach us.
Copyright / disclaimer
- All rights are reserved. Burford Woodcraft and its craftspeople do not give you any right or interest in any copyright or intellectual property rights in any Product nor the right to copy them.
- The copyright in Burford Woodcraft and burford-woodcraft.co.uk and the content of all the software, website and pages relating to burford- woodcraft.co.uk is owned by, or licensed to Burford Woodcraft unless otherwise specified and may not be used, copied, distributed, altered or reposted to other websites, or in any other media without our express consent.
- Copyright extends to the design, look and feel of Burford Woodcraft and burford-woodcraft.co.uk, all text, images, graphics and photographs on it and its marketing materials.
- You may only use burford-woodcraft.co.uk for private and personal non-commercial use e.g. to view, copy and print parts of burford-woodcraft.co.uk for the sole purpose of placing Orders. None of the materials on burford-woodcraft.co.uk may be used for any other purpose.
- Whilst we take every care to ensure that this website is as up to date and as accurate as possible, no responsibility can be taken by Burford Woodcraft for any errors or omissions contained herein. Furthermore, responsibility for any loss, damage, or distress resulting from adherence to any advice, suggestions or recommendations made available through this website, howsoever caused, is equally disclaimed by Burford Woodcraft.
- Burford Woodcraft tries to describe and illustrate Products, as accurately as possible but cannot be held liable for discrepancies. Please note the dimensions given.
- Please check your Products as soon as possible on receipt as Burford Woodcraft will not cover any subsequent loss or destruction.
- The Products are at the risk of the buyer from the time of delivery.
- You will be responsible for any breach of these Terms by you and if you use burford-woodcraft.co.uk in breach of these Terms you will be liable to and will reimburse Burford Woodcraft for any loss or damage caused as a result.
- These Terms shall not limit any rights you might have as a consumer that may not be excluded under applicable law.
- Burford Woodcraft may change or withdraw any part of burford-woodcraft.co.uk and may refuse you access to the website at any time if we consider it necessary.
- Burford Woodcraft reserves the right to refuse to accept any further Orders from you.
- These Terms constitute the full agreement between you and Burford Woodcraft and may only be amended in writing. They apply to the exclusion of all other Terms or conditions of contract proposed.
- The use of Burford Woodcraft and burford-woodcraft.co.uk and these Terms are subject to the laws of England and the English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any dispute that may arise out of or in connection with their use.